Partnering with allies to build momentum for movement wins.
All together now: eyes on the prize. Communication is inherently political and steers us toward what is possible. We partner with allies who share our vision for a more just, sustainable, and equitable food system to sharpen communications strategies in step with organizing and policy goals. This collaborative approach is at the core of how our team engages partners to clarify priorities, define goals, and make a game plan. We approach this work through storytelling and other communications strategies that open up spaces for transformative change.
Supporting partners with a range of activities, including:
- Consulting with allies on communications strategy, including campaign development, messaging, brand development, media relations, design, social media, and more;
- Storytelling and other communication strategy trainings and one-on-one capacity building;
- Curating meaningful and engaging public events and online experiences;
- Supporting partners to develop effective community-building events and fundraisers.
Providing guidance through advisory councils, Boards of Directors, and more
Our team serves on the Advisory Councils, Steering Committees, and Boards of Directors of the following movement and movement support organizations:
- Agroecology Fund
- Castanea Fellowship
- Food Chain Workers Alliance
- Food and Farm Communications Fund
- HEAL Food Alliance
- Herbicide Free Campus
- Mesa Refuge
- Oakland Food Policy Council
- Rainforest Action Network
A sampling of Real Food Media projects and partnerships:
We welcome your interest in partnering with us. Please contact us.
- Good Food Purchasing Program, a partnership with the Center for Good Food Purchasing and the Food Chain Workers Alliance
- A key focus of our movement partnership work has been our engagement with the national movement for values-based institutional food procurement, in partnership with local coalitions around the country and the Center for Good Food Purchasing and the Food Chain Workers Alliance. Learn more at goodfoodcities.org.
- Organic for All, support for Friends of the Earth campaign
- Support for this online portal for resources about organic food and farming;
- Strategic advice on video production about the impacts of organic diet intervention study.
- The Power of Community-Based Food Systems, a partnership with The Wallace Center
- Designed and authored a multimedia storytelling report showcasing seven organizations around the US who are working towards resilient, regional food systems;
- Consulted on communications and distribution strategy.
- Farmers Markets Promotion, a partnership with Ecology Center
- Helped support the creation and promotion of a video series about the many community benefits farmers markets.
- Voices of the Food Chain, a partnership with StoryCorps and the Food Chain Workers Alliance
- Developed a storytelling project with the Food Chain Workers Alliance to uplift the voices of food workers, including a storytelling training for FCWA members;
- Produced StoryCorps recordings of conversations with FCWA members archived in the Library of Congress;
- Developed a 200-person launch event in the San Francisco Bay Area, Celebrating the Hands that Feed Us.
- Voices of an Organic Planet, a partnership with IFOAM International
- Produced a short video with organic advocates and food producers to capture the voices of leaders in the global movement for organic agriculture.
- Food and Justice Event series, a partnership with CUESA
- Helped curate an event series for this San Francisco Bay Area organization.
- Value [the] Food, a partnership with Cathedral of St John the Divine
- Curated and hosted a closing event for this monthslong exhibit at the iconic Cathedral of St John the Divine. The evening included live music and words of wisdom from Raj Patel, leaders from the Coalition of Immokalee workers, and many more.