We’re excited about the upcoming Oxford Real Farming Conference and would love for you to join us. This is the perfect opportunity for those who are passionate about better food and farming system to come together to exchange ideas and learn from others and form new alliances across six continents.
The 12th Oxford Real Farming Conference (ORFC) will be online and worldwide from 7-13 January 2021, in a groundbreaking seven-day event featuring more than 150 hours of talks and workshops from partners around the world.
We’ve worked with ORFC to bring you a mix of sessions to help connect you with people and movements worldwide. With this broad mix of interactive workshops, engaging panels, and inspiring keynotes, you’re sure to find numerous sessions that pique your interest. Here are just a few of the sessions we’re excited about:
- Food and Democracy, with Frances Moore Lappé
- Spinning Food: The Stealth PR Tactics Industry Uses to Shape the Story of Food, with Anna Lappé (BONUS: Anna will be leading a limited-capacity workshop to dive deeper into the tactics and what we can do about them. Sign up for it on the website).
- Perilous Bounty: How the US Model of Industrial Farming Threatens the Global Food Commons, with Tom Philpott
- Against Philanthropy: The Role of Foundations in Colonizing the Food System with Raj Patel and Rupa Mayra, and Anna as chair.
- Gender Diversity & Ecology with Edgar Xotchil, Clare Riesman, Paula Gioia, Alessandro Santos Mariano, and Tiffani moderating.
- Message from the Future II, with Naomi Klein, Nnimmo Bassey, and Jamie Hartzell
- Neo-colonial Economies and Ecologies, Smallholder Farmers and Multiple Shocks in Africa: Confronting False Solutions Towards Decolonization with Vandana Shiva, Tim Wise, and Mariam Mayet
As you can see, this conference is stacked with sessions to ground your knowledge, expand your thinking, and make new connections.
Check out the full program here and make sure to get your tickets now.